I am asking, on behalf of Cousin Tiger and his son Kelly(who suffers from juvenile arthritis), that you please contact your Senators and support the bill. Just click on the big, red "Take Action" text below and follow the instuctions. It will only take about 30 seconds of your time, but that 30 seconds might make a difference in the life of someone who is suffering from the nation's most common cause of disability.
Hugs and blessings~
Arthritis Act Introduced in Senate!
Urge Your Senators to Co-sponsor Now!
On May 6, U.S. Senators Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Kit Bond (R-MO), and Ted Kennedy (D-MA) introduced the Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act of 2009 (S. 984). The bill expands efforts to prevent, treat, and care for people with arthritis through:
- Enhancing prevention efforts related to arthritis;
- Expanding and strengthening research programs relating to juvenile arthritis;
- Establishing a juvenile arthritis population database to track our kids and monitor their treatments;
- Enhancing support for physician training programs; and
- Establishing a loan repayment program for pediatric rheumatologists to address the country's severe shortage of these critical health professionals.
We need your help to advocate for passage of the Arthritis Act and to address the needs of 46 million adults and 300,000 children with arthritis, the nation's most common cause of disability. Together we can fight the pain and disability of arthritis and make 2009 the year the U.S. Congress takes final action and passes this important legislation. Please contact your Members of Congress now and ask them to cosponsor H.R. 1210/S. 984.
You can read quotes from Senators Boxer and Bond in the following news release: http://capwiz.com/arthritis/utr/1/OPRYKLIFRL/OCPEKLIFVR/3310459891