Peach Muffins with Praline Topping
1 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar ( ½ cup for batter, ¼ cup for topping)
2 tablespoons molasses
½ cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cup chopped fresh peaches
¾ cup chopped pecans ( ½ cup for batter, ¼ cup for topping)
1 tablespoon butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place liners in 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the molasses and sugar until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, combine ½ cup of sugar mixture, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture, stirring just to moisten.
- Fold in peaches and ½ cup pecans.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- In small bowl, cut together the remaining sugar mixture, pecans, and butter.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Coming up next: Crockpot Peaches!
Hugs and blessings~