Saturday, August 1, 2009

Santa Fe Bean Dip

My friend Bina shared this fun, healthy, and easy recipe with me a few years back. It's so awesome that when I get invited to potlucks, I'm always asked to bring dessert and Bina's Bean Dip! Since I made it for the reunion, I thought I'd share the recipe with you. Just a note though... The recipe makes a LOT of dip. No. I mean a lot. Like a massive salad bowl full of dip. The good thing is it saves well in the fridge, and can also be used as a side dish when you're serving Mexican food. Enjoy!
'


BINA'S SANTA FE BEAN DIP



Ingredients:


1 lb. bag frozen corn (white and yellow mix) - No need to thaw before making the dip


8 oz. Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing


2 oz. jar diced pimentos


2 cans black-eyed peas - not "flavored" and not with lard


1 can black beans - same caveat as above


1 can Rotel chopped/diced tomatoes with green chile - Hot or Extra Hot


3 bell peppers - I used one orange, one red, and one green


1 red onion, medium


1 sweet onion, small


Salt and pepper to taste


Optional: 1 or 2 finely chopped jalapenos to add a little heat




Directions:



1. Chop bell peppers and onions into small pieces and place in very large bowl. (Looks great, right? Very colorful! And yes, those are jalapenos sprinkled on top!)



2. Open all of the cans, drain the black-eyed peas and the black beans... but not completely. Add to bowl containing peppers and onions.




3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.




4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.


5. Serve with corn tortilla chips. I like Tostito's white corn Scoops because they'll deliver more of this delicious dip with less effort :-)


Hugs and blessings~
~~~Anne

1 comment:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger