Monday, December 21, 2009

Candy Cane Cake and Tiny Gingerbread Houses!

Wow! Christmas is almost here and I've been so busy that I've not been able to do much along the lines of crafting this month. (I can't really complain, though. Kumon has been really busy, which is definately not "normal" for December!)

I was able to find time to make a "Candy Cane Cake" (Betty Crocker's recipe here) for my staff Christmas Party

I baked a Cranberry Apple Pie with Vodka Pie Crust and will be posting the recipe later this week. I also made peppermint truffles, dipped pretzels, and Fire Vodka so I guess I'm OK in the holiday cooking/baking category :-)

Wait! I'm not finished yet... Below is one of the cutest and most original Christmas ideas I've seen in ages...


Tiny gingerbread houses that sit on the rim of a cup! I know I'm out of time this year, but I am totally adding this project to next year's Christmas "must do" list! For complete instructions and a pattern, please visit Megan at NotMartha.org.

If you do make these sweet little houses (you know you want to!), please leave a comment/link so I can live vicariously through your creativity...

Merry Christmas!

~~~Anne

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a really cool project. Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010. Hope Santa treats you very nice Anne!
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!!! I lve the links & ideas you have here. Can I put your blog link on my blog?

    Alfie
    (iLoveMail from Swap-bot for the Be My Blog Follower on Blogspot)

    P.S. I'd follow your blog without this swap too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger